This document is an electronic record in terms of the applicable law. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
- Applicability And Amendment Of Terms
- Your use of the Platform or the Services will signify your acceptance of the Agreement and your agreement to be legally bound by the same. If you do not agree to or wish to be bound by the terms of the Agreement, you may not access or otherwise use the Platform or the Services.
- Nothing in the Agreement should be construed to confer any rights to third party beneficiaries.
- Your Account And Registration
- Use of the Platform is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under the applicable law. Persons who are underage or otherwise “incompetent to contract” within the meaning of the applicable laws are not eligible to use the Platform unless such persons are acting under the guidance of a person legally entitled to contract. If you not entitled to contract under the applicable law, you shall not register as a user of the Platform and shall not transact on or use the Platform. The Company reserves the right to terminate your membership and / or refuse to provide you with access to the Platform if you contravene these Terms or any other policies introduced by the Company. We may require users to re-validate their account details if we believe that they have been using an invalid email address.
- We may send you administrative and promotional emails. We may also send you information regarding your account activity and purchases, as well as updated information about thePlatform and other promotional offers. You can opt-out of our promotional emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any such email correspondence.
- BOOKING PROCESS
- A booking ID No (confirmation) will be sent to the traveler over email when he completes an online car booking with Chola Cabs. Producing the booking ID No. provided earlier is mandatory to avail the car rental services by Chola Cabs. If this is not done, it entitles the driver to refuse the Services without any liability to us.
- When a customer produces the booking ID No provided to him it earlier, it implies that he have read and understood all terms and conditions mentioned herewith and agrees on all of them.
- The start and end distance in Kms will be calculated from your pickup place. Driving speed of the vehicle will be as per the directions of the local transport authority only. In the event, you ask the driver to increase the driving speed, you alone shall be responsible for all consequence, statutory or otherwise. Any parking charges, toll charges, state taxes and entry fees etc. are required to be paid by you.
- Distances between two locations (points) be it an intercity distance or from travelers pickup place etc mentioned on the website are approximate. Actual distance may differ depending on the exact geographical location of the points under consideration.
- The facilities in the car will be dependent on the booking made by you. Car air-conditioner will not work on hilly routes & also when the vehicle is not in motion. The customer is also not expected to request driver to make the air condition operational in the aforementioned cases.
- Any form of discounts are only applicable only on the basic fare and cannot be made available on extra charges like toll, taxes, charges on for extra Kms consumed if applicable, charges for extra hours consumed if applicable, driver allowance, parking, night charges, unless specified.
- The vehicle booked will be subject to availability. In a case where the car booked is not available on the day of travel the customer will be provided with an alternative equivalent vehicle in the similar segment as applicable.
- You can request for amendments to a booking made earlier only if the request is done 10 hours before the pick-up time. No changes will be done within 10 hours of the time of pick up time. In cases where amendments are requested on cab type, the cab type requested is subject to availability. In case of a no show where the customer has not informed Chola Cabs on the changes on his schedule 10 hours before the pick-up no refunds will be made. The amendments can be done by contacting the support team of Chola Cabs on 99627 94922.
- You are liable to pay waiting charges in the case of delay (be it for any reason) exceeding more than 15 minutes from the scheduled pick up time. You are liable to pay for any additional distance travelled, additional unaccounted stops made and also for additional hourly charges, if applicable. Any unscheduled changes will attract additional charges as applicable.
- All bookings under consideration are on a calendar day basis i.e from midnight 12:00 to midnight 12:00. As an example for a cab booked for 14th Apr where the pick-up time is 3:00 p.m, the booking will be valid till 14th Apr 11:59 p.m and not 15th Apr 3:00 p.m.
- Cabs that are booked for outstation (any or all of Oneway, round trip & multicity) cannot be used for local travel. As an example if a customer books a cab from Chennai to Bangalore then to Nandi Hills and back to Chennai for a period of 3 days in total & has a predefined Km limit of 800 Kms and he returns back to Chennai on the second day & has a balance Km limit of 50 with one day remaining, inspite of this he is not entitled to consume this 50Kms for local travel in Chennai (From city), however the customer can travel from Chennai to some other city outside city limits of Chennai (say Chengalpet) & consume the remaining 50 Kms or more than this by paying additional charges.
- If needed, a customer can amend his booking from one way to round trip or from one way to multi city while his travel is in progress. A request for amendment while mentioning the booking ID number & reason for amendment has to be made to the support team at Chola Cabs by reaching them on 99627 94922. Whether or not to make an amendment as per the request of the customer solely rests with our support team. If the amendment request by the customer is approved our support team they will guide on the difference amount to be paid to the driver as to make the amendment a reality. This amount has to be paid immediately to the driver in cash after our team makes an amendment, failure to do so will not make the requested amendment a reality.
- For all travel types (one way, round trip) customer has to bear all extra charges like driver allowance, toll, taxes, charges on for extra Kms consumed if applicable, charges for extra hours consumed if applicable, parking charges, night charges and any other charges applicable as mentioned at the time of booking.
- Luggage Policy: The following is the maximum limit of luggage which you are permitted to carry in a taxi booked through Chola Cabs. Any deviation from this policy shall result in additional payments being made by you to our driver.
Luggage Policy Type of Vehicle Persons Pieces of Luggage Comfort Squeeze Hatch Backs (Indica Ritz Beat etc) 3 4 2 suitcases of 10 Kg each Sedans (Dzire Etios Indigo etc) 3 4 3 suitcases of 10 Kg each MUVs (Xylo Innova Enjoy etc) 6 7 6 suitcases of 10 Kg each We understand luggages are not only suitcases. They are of different shapes and sizes. Above table is only indicative. Excess luggage charges, if any, will be at the discretion of driver.
- For one way oustation trips the customer will pay for any additional charges in the case where the driver needs to cover additional distance (or) needs additional duration to complete his return journey (whichever of these two higher).
- Chola Cabs cannot be held liable for any (i) delay or consequential loss caused to the customer due to traffic jam or reasons beyond reasonable control of the driver or lapses on the part of the driver; (ii) loss, damage, physical injury etc suffered by the customer while availing the Services; (iii) any misconduct or any derogatory behavior of the driver; (iv) Any dispute between you and the driver; and (v) force majeure events.. In case of any misconduct or misbehavior by the driver the customer should immediately report to the support team of Chola Cabs at 99627 94922 and share the experience while mentioning the booking ID No for reference. While we will attempt to resolve any dispute, we cannot guarantee that we will remedy any losses incurred or suffered by you. This is the maximum due diligence practically and logically possible for us to have adhered to, to verify the criminal and traffic violation records of drivers, given we are only an aggregating platform and as of now no driver is on our pay rolls
- You acknowledge that each car booked by availing the Services can be used by limited number of passengers only. In the case of outstation travel, you are obligated to inform Chola Cabs of the number of persons travelling in one car and Chola Cabs reserves the right to accept or refuse to provide Services. In any event, Chola Cabs reserves the right to refuse Services if you attempt to use the car for members exceeding the designated number of members for such car.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting and preventing unauthorized access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
- You agree to (a) immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your account information or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these conditions. You may be held liable for losses incurred by the Company or any other user of or visitor to the Platform due to authorized or unauthorized use of your account as a result of your failure in keeping your account information secure and confidential.
- You can access account details on the Platform. You shall ensure that the account details provided to us through the Platform are correct and complete at all times. We reserve the right to refuse your access to the Platform, terminate accounts, remove or edit content at any time without notice to you.
- The Company will endeavor to ensure that access to and availability of the Platform remains uninterrupted and error free. However, access to the Platform may occasionally be suspended or restricted to allow for updates, repairs, maintenance, or for the introduction of new facilities and services. We also reserve the right to block access to and/or to edit or remove any material posted by you or any other user which in our reasonable opinion may give rise to a breach of this Agreement.
- Limited License For Access
- You will not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of the Company and its affiliates without prior written consent. You will not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing the Company’s or its affiliates’ names or trademarks without the prior written consent of the Company and / or its affiliates, as may be applicable. Any unauthorized use will terminate the permission or license granted by the Company and / or its affiliates, as may be applicable.
- You are entitled to post reviews, ratings, communication and other content on the Platform (collectively “User Content”). In contributing any User Content, you represent that you are the creator of the User Content, or if you are acting on behalf of the creator, that you have express authority to submit or post the User Content on the Platform. You represent that submission and sharing of the User Content by you does not violate the rights of third parties including any intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy.
- We have the right to review, use, edit, monitor, remove or modify any User Content posted by You. Subject to applicable laws, we have the right to disclose or share the User Content with third parties to ensure compliance with this Agreement, business purposes or compliance with applicable laws. You agree that we are not liable for the use or disclosure of any Personal Information or any other information that you disclose in connection with the User Content. Any User Content posted is the opinion or material of the person posting it and we are not responsible for any User Content posted or any damage caused to you based on your reliance on such User Content.
- You shall retain all ownership rights in and to the User Content you submit or post. However, by contributing User Content or other information on or through the Platform, you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, fully paid-up, non-exclusive, transferrable, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, display, transmit the User Content alone or as part of other works in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of sublicensees and without compensation to you. You waive any moral rights or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding the User Content that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory. The license granted to us in any User Content or personal information submitted includes use for promotions, advertising, marketing, market research, feedback, quality control or any other lawful purpose.
- You will not engage in any form of antisocial, disrupting, or destructive acts, including “flaming,” “spamming,” “flooding,” “trolling,” “phishing” and “griefing” as those terms are commonly understood and used on the internet.
- You will not delete or modify any content on the Platform and/or Services including but not limited to, legal notices, disclaimers or proprietary notices such as copyright or trademark symbols, logos, that you do not own or have express permission to modify.
- Platform For Transactions and Communication
- The Platform is a platform that users utilize to avail the Services. The Company is not and cannot be a party to or control in any manner any transaction between the platform’s users and the drivers.
- The Company does not make any representation or warranty as to specifics (such as quality, value, salability, etc.) of Services proposed to be offered through the Platform. Further, the Company does not give any warranty that the Services or the Platform are free from viruses or any defect which may adversely effect any technology. The Company does not implicitly or explicitly support or endorse the Services through the Platform. The Company accepts no liability for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself or third parties.
- The trips booked through Chola Cabs can be cancelled. There are no cancellation fees except in such cases where the Taxi has already arrived at customer’s location. In such cases Rs.300 as One time cancellation fee has to be paid to the driver.
- Report Abuse
- In the event you come across any abuse or violation of the Terms or if you become aware of any objectionable content on the Platform, please report to email@example.com.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
- QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at No. 18A, Anna Salai, Sri Nagar, Poonamallee, (Nagathamman Koil Opp), Chennai – 600056.
- You shall not assign any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without prior approval which we may deny without assigning a reason. We shall have the right to assign any of our rights and obligations under these Terms.
- Governing Law And Jurisdiction
- Complete Understanding